Nintendo streamed a nearly 40 minute long video containing information about the upcoming Super Smash Bros. games for 3DS and Wii U. Hosted by game director Masahiro Sakurai, several tidbits of information were revealed, which are included below:
- Super Smash Bros for 3DS will be released this Summer, while the Wii U version will be released in the Winter this year
- Online play was detailed, which will include two modes; “For Fun” and “For Glory.”
- “For Fun” mode will be fully customizable with all stages and items, while “For Glory” mode only uses the Final Destination stage as well as flat versions of all stages with no items
- A single player mode for the 3DS version similar to Adventure mode from previous games
- New items, stages, assist trophies, etc.
- The move-sets of several of the new and returning characters are detailed
- Veterans Yoshi, Sheik, and Zero Suit Samus return
- Pokemon Greninja (from Pokemon X/Y) and Charizard, returning from Super Smash Bros. Brawl (RIP Pokemon Trainer), make an appearance
More news it expected to be announced in the coming months, especially with E3 coming up this June. The entirety of today’s Smash Bros. focused Nintendo Direct can be seen below.